Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
Company Linksys produces various “digital” products, including routers of the class “home – small office” and the most demanding product is Linksys smart Wi-Fi. The company’s products have already become a benchmark in the market of similar equipment.
Why Linksys Smart Wi-Fi is Important?
- Accessing your home system, notwithstanding when you’re far from home.
- Applications that assistance you appreciate and deal with your home.
- Shrewd media prioritization for HD video and gaming.
- View and deal with numerous home systems; for instance, your parent’s home system or a getaway home.
Linksys Smart Wi-Fi is a portable application that has a sleeker look and gives you more control over your home system. On the off chance that you possess a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi switch, including the most recent device EA9500, there’s some uplifting news. Linksys declared that it has discharged a noteworthy refresh to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi versatile application.
This application now has another UI that is sleeker and less demanding to utilize contrasted with past adaptations. It likewise has further access to a switch’s settings and highlights. For instance, you now can utilize the application to change the name and watchword of the principle Wi-Fi systems, as well as the visitor systems. It’s additionally now substantially simpler to see the lists of associated gadgets – there are even outwardly engaging symbols for various kinds of gadgets – and to rapidly sort them into particular records.
FAQ For Linksys Wi-Fi
How to hide the Wi-Fi router network and hide it from strangers?
In order to hide the SSID of the network, you need to go to the web interface of the device using its address (usually IP 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1). I’ll give you three basic recommendations that will allow you to maximally protect your home wireless network:
- Use the WPA2 standard with AES encryption.
- Install a complex network key, consisting of numbers and letters of the Latin alphabet, a length of at least 8-10 characters.
- Disable WPS and UPnP.
- They contain much vulnerability that allows you to bypass the protection methods used. Change the password to enter the settings of the router or access point.
Why speed of internet is is still low after using a Linksys smart Wi-Fi?
Below we have considered the most typical situations when there is a drop in speed of the internet:
- Neighbors interfere
- Standard settings for the router
- 3.The network security is incorrectly set up
- High power transmitter
- Software router
How to get the most out of the Wireless router?
To get the most out of the wireless network of the router, you need to go to the web interface of the device using its IP address (usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1),
- open the Wi-Fi settings and set the following parameters:
- Channel Width – 40 MHz for 2.4 GHz band and 40/80 MHz for 5 GHz
- The standard used is 802.11N for 2.4 GHz and 802.11N / AC for 5 GHz WMM mode is Enable.
- After that, save the settings, restart the access point and check the result!
My router firmware detects a particular problem that prevents its stable operation. Please guide!
The firmware of the wireless router is also a weighty factor that can even damage a very powerful device. In this case it will help to update its software. To do this, go back to the web interface and open the “Firmware Update” section. First, you have to look at the current firmware version on the router’s status page, and then download a newer version from the official website of the manufacturer.
Please tell us some of the effective method of protecting a Wi-Fi from hacking a password?
We know the main weaknesses of the usual home wireless network, which make it possible to reveal it even to a smart student. We also know the tools and programs that allow this. Now we will give some tips on how to protect Wi-Fi from neighbors, young hackers and other outside users.
Tip 1: Turn off the WPS
Tip 2: Use only WPA2
Tip 3: Use MAC address access
Tip 4: Use only the complex key
Tip 5: Hide your network
Tip 6: Update the firmware of the router
How to increase the Wi-Fi network coverage area?
Here are several options for resolving the issue.
- In order to get the maximum coverage of Wi-Fi, it is necessary to unscrew the transmitter power to the maximum. On some routers the power is set in percent, and on some there is simply fixed values of “weak”, “medium” and “strong”.
- In addition to the transmitter itself, the quality of the wireless network is strongly influenced by the antennas used at the access point. If you replace them with more powerful ones – 9 or 12 dBi – you can increase the coverage area of the Wi-Fi router by a third.
- WDS and repeaters: This way to extend the Wi-Fi zone is the most correct from the point of view of the concept of building wireless networks.
Is it possible to distribute the Internet over Wi-Fi in Windows 10?
Yes, it is possible. Few people know that you can distribute Wi-Fi in Windows 10 using the built-in “Virtual Hotspot” function. It allows you to share any active Internet connection with a wireless network. And there are two options for action. One is to do everything yourself, controlling the process from start to finish. The second is to use specialized utilities to create a virtual Wi-Fi router
How to check whether the Wi-Fi distributes the internet or not?
To do this, you must select a network connection through which the computer or laptop accesses the global web.
- If you are connected via 3G / 4G modem, then you need to select a network connection with it.
- And then click on it with the right mouse button and select the “Properties”.
- In the window that appears, select the “Access” tab:
- On it, you must check “Allow other network users to use the Internet connection of this computer”.
- Below, in the drop-down list, you must select the created wireless network (do not mix it with the Wi-Fi adapter).
- Click on the “OK” button.
What if I lose Wi-Fi on my laptop?
The treatment is very simple and consists in changing the power scheme.
- Press the key combination Win + R – the “Run” window will open:
- In the line, open the command: control powercfg.cpl. The system console “Power supply” opens:
- If you have the “Energy Saving” mode, then in order to not disconnect the Wi-Fi adapter on the laptop – you need to change the profile to at least Balanced. By the way, if you are critical to the use of an inno-cost scheme, you can configure the operation of the wireless module in the parameters of this profile. To do this, click on the link “Configuring the power scheme”:
- Then click on the link “Change additional power settings”. This window opens:
- Find the Energy Saving Mode parameter and set it to Maximum Performance. Press the OK button.
What is the reason behind the issue with a wireless Wi-Fi network is the overlapping of signals from different access points to each other?
This is due to the fact that when configuring of the router – manually or using the setup wizard – usually select the same radio channel – 1, 6 or 11. As a result, the user gets problems with the speed and stability of the Wi-Fi signal. There were even cases when the user saw all the neighboring networks except his own. This problem is a problem for multi-storey houses, where now Wi-Fi router is in almost every apartment. The only way out is to find a free Wi-Fi channel and use it.
Find out the password from the Wi-Fi network in Windows 7?
In order to find out the password from Wi-Fi in the operating system Windows 7, you need to go to the “Network and Sharing Center”.
- To do this, on the desktop in the lower right corner, near the clock, look for the network icon and right click on it.
- In the menu that opens, select “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Next, in the menu on the left of the page, we look for the item “Manage wireless networks”.
- Click on it with the left mouse button. A list of wireless networks opens. Select the desired one and click on it twice with the left mouse button. The “Wireless Network Properties” opens:
- We are interested in the Security tab. We are looking for the “Network Security Key” field. This is the password for this Wi-Fi network. But by default, it is closed with asterisks.
- To view this password, check the box “Display input characters”.
How to choose the right Wi-Fi router for your home?
Choosing a Wi-Fi router for a home is a process to which very many broadband Internet users somehow approach quite rashly. Often, the main criterion of selection is the price: the cheaper, the better – the main thing that worked. But how – the Wi-Fi router will then work and how many good words (or not) then it will have to say in the direction of its producers – unfortunately not everyone thinks.
We will suggest you to choose the most productive Wi-Fi router for the best money.